Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hope's 7th day


Today was a very positive one for our little bundle of joy. She is making improvements every day. They may seem small to others but they are such a huge step for us and Hope. She is eating 10 cc per hour of breast milk. When she is up to 13 cc per hour then they will stop the IV. If she can maintain this level of feeding, then they will remove the IV after 24 hours.

Hope is doing a wonderful job of maintaining her body temperature. Because she is doing so well, she is going to be moved to an open air bassinet. Another big step for Hope.

Many have asked how they can visit Hope. She loves visitors and sometimes will even open her eyes for you. Mom and dad are with Hope from around 10:00 until 3:00 PM every day. Then dad has been coming back around 7:30 - 8:30 PM. If you would like to visit, stop by. You can only visit when one of us is at the hospital. The NICU is located on 3 west.

Thank you for continued support during Hope's stay at NICU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Again I guess I am the only one that leaves comments in here anymore :) but this is like routine for me now to come home and check out the webiste! but i am glad that Hope is improving everyday I can't wait to hold her, it won't be much longer. But tell Ryann and Camden hello and if you ever need a babysitter give me a call I would be glad too. But I love you all very much and give Hope extra loving from me!
Love ♥
Abbey