Tuesday, February 14, 2006

6th Day at Home


Hope had her doctor's appointment today. She is doing wonderful. Her weight is just under 6lbs 1oz. She has gained over 8oz since she has been home. She continues to gain strength every day. Hope is scheduled for another appointment next week. Even though she is doing great, the doctor continues to warn us to be very careful and cautious. He warns that germs are all around. If a baby is under two months and gets sick, the baby has to be admitted to the hospital because they are too young for medicine.

We often wonder if we are being too cautious. Then we remember how hard it was for our family and little girl to be at the hospital. We KNOW that we do not want to be back in the hospital.

Today Brent made a visit back to the NIM/NICU unit. We have some friends that are in the NIM unit. Their son, Cameron, took Hope's spot in the NIM when she left (the actual spot). We realize what a toll the hospital can take on you and a what friendly visit can do for your spirit. We also know another couple that is in the NICU. He has been e-mailing us with questions. It does feel good to be able to help and support these two families.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. We will update soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is wonderful. I have been asking Brent question through school email. My daughter Emma was born saturday and in NICU. I am glad Hope is doing well. Keep up the news on the Blog, it helps us out. I can't wait to show my wife your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is wonderful. I have been asking Brent question through school email. My daughter Emma was born saturday and in NICU. I am glad Hope is doing well. Keep up the news on the Blog, it helps us out. I can't wait to show my wife your blog.

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

We can't believe how fast Hope is gaining weight!! That is awesome! What a strong little girl you have. Hugs to you all.